Joy on the Shuttle...

Today I got up and drove the shuttle all day. I expected to only shuttle 11:30-3:30, but they were short drivers and so I offered to come home and let Jay out and then go back and drive. I am glad I did.

The first shift was odd for me, as it was for Derek's Memorial Service. The traffic was crazy, and you combine a memorial service with a conference starting tonight for the Leadership Summit, and it was BUSY. During the first shift, everyone was dressed up (IHOP is usually a jeans kind of place) and quiet. It was a day I'll never forget. It's hard to put into words, but it was different. Memorable.

After that, I came home and let Jay out. It was SO HARD to put him back in the box because I wanted to sit and cuddle, but I knew I was supposed to go back and drive the shuttle.

I went back to drive, and got the same shuttle I had before I took a break. Tonight was fun. I saw someone from my old church, which was fun. While it was incredibly busy, it was also incredibly fun. Slim drove tonight, and the joy of the Lord was always making me smile due to what he said. It was neat. I laughed a lot and got to know a lot of really neat people. I'm glad the conference is going on the next couple days. I can't wait to see who else I get to meet.

Seriously.

Life.
Is.
FUN, driving the shuttle! Woop!