My One Word

In the mornings when I get ready in the morning, I listen to K-Love Radio. K-Love is a radio station that is actually broadcast throughout the country via different local radio stations. I find that I go through phases in which I listen to the radio and the Lord speaks to me more through the radio than the CD's I've bought. (Hence, I don't own an Ipod yet!) And lately God has REALLY been speaking to me through the music, as well as Lisa and Eric, the hosts of the morning show.

So, in the past week they have really challenged us to choose ONE word that challenges us, encourages us, or just fits our personality. I will admit that I knew from the beginning what my word would be, but I wanted to hear what others were choosing, so I could see if I was really getting it.

As it turns out, I was getting it, and tonight I went to myoneword.org to choose my own word.

If you're a regular reader of mine, you already know my choice....

KINDNESS.

I strive to be kind to those around me, often to the point of sacrifice and pain. While I'm far from having it perfected, I'm trying hard each day to show kindness to everyone I meet. The easiest people to show kindness to are my students. They are each very special to me in their own, unique way.

The hardest time to show kindness for me was when I was in the last chapter of my life and I kept showing it over and over again, only to get hurt again and again. God taught me more than I could ever explain in words, but it showed me that I can't let that experience hinder me. Kindness is not only the right thing to do, it's what's you do when your love isn't reciprocated back.

Kindness.

It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

So what is your ONE word?

*grin*

Life.
Is.
Good.