The Coolest Part of My Workday!

I really am enjoying my job these days. While I still have some character-building aspects to it, I have come to realize how blessed I am to have a job. The more I hear of the life in Haiti, the more I find myself thinking, "Thank You God for all I have!" SERIOUSLY!!!

So, lately I have honestly done less paperwork, (Which will be caught up at some point!) and have done more teaching. For about two weeks I was letting RockStarPara and HardWorkingGal do more with the kids and I was sitting at my desk doing paperwork. Last Friday, my favorite red-headed student (Also my only one this year!) this year said, "Ms. S., how come you're not with us on Fridays anymore for our games?" I stopped in my tracks. The kid was right, I hadn't participated in Game Day for at least two weeks! Needless to say, I joined in on Game Day that day. *grin*

So, this week I have been with the kids more, and am REALLY enjoying it. During several parts of my day, I read one-on-one or in Small Groups with the kids. I have decided that is my favorite part of my workday. I'll be honest, I love to read, but I also love to see how far they have all come in their reading. In fact, we just got some new books in our school library, so I have many plans for reading with the kids.

Last week was such a tough week that I needed something to encourage me, and this week was just what I needed!

Kinda cool, eh?

Life.
Is.
Good.