Medals

I have been enjoying the Olympics a lot. In fact, each day I wonder what event will be on each evening. I am really enjoying the Extreme Sports. Speed Skating, Snowboarding, Ski Jumping, and relays have been my favorite events. In fact, I'm going to be sad when Closing Ceremonies are upon us and the events are over. It's been fun watching the highs and lows and everything in between. It's been an exciting Winter Olympics!

So, this morning on K-Love they posed the question...who would you have a Gold Medal to in your life? The majority of us won't win an olympic medal. However, we all make a difference in someone's life. I have given that a lot of thought today. It would be difficult to just pinpoint one person, as my life is full of so many people worthy of that in my life. I can't share everyone...however, I thought I would share a few...

Tooldude. My friend Tooldude lost his bladder in a battle with Cancer, and is still alive with an incredible outlook on life. I continue to challenge myself in my attitude daily due to my friendship with him. He also taught me the depth of God's love and strengthened my walk with God in ways he will never know. He gets a gold medal in my life!

Scienceguy. I watch Scienceguy parent his furry kids as well as be an incredible spouse to his wife and am inspired. He also earns a gold medal!

Monkeykid. I have a kid in my class who has challenges that I cannot even imagine. While he struggles, he is still asking for help. And while he builds my character a lot, I would give him a medal just for being who is and sharing his quirks with me! I couldn't give him the gold, because he's not my hardest worker, but I would give him the bronze just because he has so much stacked against him. He's a neat kid.

Rockstarpara and her sidekick CleaningGal. These two gals work hard from the time they walk in my classroom to the time they leave. Even in the midst of working hard they love my students as if they were their own. I would give them both a gold medal.

Laura. Laura has been beside me through the good, the bad, and everything in between, and has supported me completely. Another gold medal for her!

My parental unit. They're the best. Period. Hands down. Gold.

Jay. While he's a dog, he has been the best thing that's come into my life. He would get a gold, as he's the best, laid back, cuddler of a dog. He would get a gold medal in my book.

Ronni. Ronni is my favorite camper, and has Down's. She makes each week at camp more memorable each year. I am praying I get to be her cabin Mom again this year! She would get a gold just because of how much she's taught me in the short time I've known her.

Mr. and Mrs. H. They have adopted one child and are in the process of adopting another one. Just for that, I think they should get a medal. However, there's another reason I would choose them. Mr. H. has been very good about emailing me since I've left CF, and it's an honor to be such a good friend to such a neat family. They would get a gold from me!

Ms. H. We met when I served as an RA on her staff, and have remained good friends ever since. While we've definitely loved and fought like sisters at times, I can't imagine life without her love and support. She has taught me what friendship is all about. She gets a gold from me!

I don't mean to make light of how hard these real athletes are working. We all know how hard they train for their shot at a gold. However, I do think it's neat to stop and think about people who deserve one in one way or another.

Go ahead, stop and think. It's actually fun to do!

Life.
Is.
Good.