D.D.

After attending Roy's funeral today (It was very well done!) I went up to school to visit my friends and the students. I had only told two people, and successfully surprised everyone. I was greeted with MANY hugs and kind words as I made my way through the building. I was grinning ear-to-ear.

After talking to Mr. C., the kids started coming in from recess. D.D. took one look at me and started to hug me and I said, "Who are you? Do I know you?" To which he replied, "I'm your favorite student!" I just grinned. That was the D.D. that I know! His teacher had me talk to him about some issues he's been having at school, and then we read for a little while. As I was sitting there with him, I realized how much I missed him. It was good to sit with him and talk.

I stayed for the Humane Society presentation and held a couple pups. I can honestly say it was the first time I've ever held a puppy and thought, "My dog's cooler!" I liked that.

After talking to various staff members, I went out and played four square with the kids. It was the first game I've played all year (Teachers don't have recess duty in my building, so I never go out!) and had a BLAST. D.D. did very well at getting knocked out and not getting upset. Of course, I made a point to encourage him each time he got out so that we could avoid drama. The kids were also good sports to play with me when I only play the real way. (I skip the secret words versions.) It was cool.

Overall, it was a really good day. And, I was reminded how blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life...even if they live 2 hours away!

I am loved very well.

Life.
Is.
Good.