Happy and a Tad Sad All At Once

So, tonight I checked email, put two and two together, and figured out there a WONDERFUL man in my former church passed away. Mr. Evans was one of my favorite people in that church. Every Sunday I would have worship team practice prior to service, and would go over and talk to him after we were done with it. (He would typically come early while we practiced just to listen.) He told me often that he enjoyed the music. He encouraged me in my bongo playing, as well as my singleness season and job search last year.

While I'm glad he's in Heaven, I'm sad he's not here. I will miss him. And, honestly, it never really occurred to me that the last time I saw him would be the last time I would see him. I know, that seems silly, but it's true. It reminds me how fragile life is, and not to take anyone's life for granted.

Heaven got a great guy yesterday...and well, he's a guy I won't forget. His kindness toward me will live on with me for the rest of my life....

I have a roadtrip to take on Friday. While I hate funerals, I do like the idea of honoring his life here on Earth. It will be worth the drive, that's for sure!!

Life.
Is.
Fragile.