Eyes to See, Ears to Hear

During Onething 2008 Laura Hackett's song "Put On Christ" became the theme song of the conference. I love Onething Conferences, as there is always a song that winds up becoming the theme of the whole thing. I remember singing at the top of my lungs, with my favorite phrase being, "Give me eyes to see, and ears to hear." I think that so much of our walk this side of heaven is to see what He sees and hear what He hears. In light of Sunday's Sermon, I am trying even harder to do that. I look at each of my students and try to see what He sees in them, and hear what He is saying about each of them. Today that was somewhat challenging with one of them.

I had an incident that challenged me to show Christ to a kid who was not doing what she should be doing. And, I am constantly amazed at how God guides me through moments and then later we talk about what it was all about. While I have no idea what today was all about, as I even sit here now and scratch my head trying to figure out the little person's logic (I even called her parents to let them know, and we're all stumped.) and I know I am not much different. I imagine that I do things and others scratch their heads wondering what I was doing.

So tonight I have spent some time prayer over my little person, as well as over my own life, seeking His will instead of my own. (I think that was something that the kid was trying to do.) Some days go better than others, but that's okay. Just as I told the kid tonight, today was just one day, and we get to start all over tomorrow. I love that about God. Today was one day, and tomorrow is a new day. I love that!

I will continue to pray for eyes to see and ears to hear...

Life.
Is.
Good.