"I Hate This Day! This Day Stinks!"

I remember being an eighth grade girl in a new school, and my favorite teacher was Hops. Hops was my P.E. Teacher in 8th and 9th grade. She taught me a lot in the short time I was at WJHS. I could go on and on about what she taught me, however, tonight I can hear her telling me one very important thing: "Don't hate people. That's not right. You can not like them, but don't hate them." To this day, I can still hear her say that. And, I remember it changed my thinking. I resigned myself then and there not to hate PEOPLE.

Today I have determined that it's okay to hate a DAY though. Today was my own version of a "no good, very bad, day." Okay, in the end, it wasn't a life-ending day. I mean, somewhere, someone was diagnosed with Cancer today. Today, somewhere, someone was told that someone they love just died. Okay, so it wasn't the WORST day I could have had, but it was a TOUGH day for me.

An incident occurred at school today that made me fight tears in anger. Anger isn't typically an emotion I wrestle with, but today I felt it deeply. And, as much as I hate to admit it, it affected the rest of my day. Which isn't like me either. I typically let stuff roll off me and I reply with, "Ah, life goes on." I have spent the afternoon pondering and praying.

In the end, I think tomorrow I will be able to say "Ah, life goes on."

For tonight however, I really do hate this DAY.

The good news is that it's only one day.

Hum....

Life.
Is.
Character-building.