Identity

Tonight was a wonderful night!

First, I went and served at the School Carnival at the Token Redemption Counter. It was a lot of fun, as kids came and went, working hard to get the prizes they wanted. (Imagine my own pain when I had to tell about 4 of them that we were out of what they had worked so hard for!) It was a lot of fun to interact with the kids, as well as the other staff members. We laughed a lot at each other, as well as the kids. It was fun.

After that, I went to IHOP-KC, and had a wonderful time. This may not make sense to anyone, but tonight was the easiest it's been for me to enter in and pray through things than it has been in a LONG time. I wound up sitting up front by the stage, and was reminded why I moved here.

As the leader started singing some oldies, yet goodies, I was reminded of 2001 when I discovered IHOP. I also thought about the fact that I prayed for 7 years to be here. And, I stopped and thanked God. I also realized that for the first time since last Summer, I feel at peace. I also feel close to God again, in a way I haven't felt lately. I was also reminded that my identity is in Him, not in this world. And within that, I feel at peace...

Life.
Is.
Good.