Speakin' Up...softly...

I was in a meeting a little while back on a student at our school, and hesitated sharing my concerns during the meeting. Looking back, I'm not really sure why I hesitated, but I did. So, as my concerns for this student have grown over the past few weeks, I sent an email to the team, just sharing my concerns. I wasn't mean or rude, I just wanted my voice to be heard. In the email I even stated that I regretted not speaking up in the meeting. So today we had a meeting on the student, and it was good to hear everyone's perspectives. And, it was good that we did it in person because it was clear that a few of them misunderstood where I was coming from. Going into it, I knew that it may very well be a situation where I would share my thoughts and may not change anything, but I knew that I had to say something. I figured I had to at least try.

In the end, my voice was heard and was backed up by another team member! I feel that the kid will be getting what is needed!!!

I sure am glad I spoke up...softly. I knew that if I had been rough about it, it wouldn't have changed a thing.

Softly though, it made a difference.

*grin*

Life.
Is.
Good.