Awakening!!! *grin*

Tonight was a BLAST!!! I went to the Awakening Service at IHOP-KC. I know, all my readers are SHOCKED to hear I was there! *grin*

I think I was in such a dry place at the end of school, and haven't spent much time in services or the Prayer Room until this week, that I am LOVING my time in His presence. Misty was leading at first, and that is always fun for me. I ALWAYS encounter the Lord when she leads.

We went into a time of praying for one another, and I LOVED that! While I have prayed for people occasionally, I hadn't really prayed for people during Awakening. I LOVED THAT! There was a time in my life that I wasn't allowed to pray for others during services, and it really bugged me. So, tonight I had FUN praying for others and watching God move on their hearts. There was one gal that I felt led to stay with for over an hour! She was clearly being touched by the Lord and I just felt Him tell me not to leave her side. At one point, Allen Hood came over and prayed for her at the same time I was praying for her!!! I LOVED it! It was neat to pray with Allen over someone. It made me feel like a part of the church family. *grin*

After being with the gal over an hour, I was drained. So, it was COOL when Laura Hackett, Cory Asbury, and Jaye Thomas came out to lead! We went into a time of celebration, and I danced for the first time in a LONG time. I was up front with the crowd and I danced so much, I was sweating! It was GREAT! It was also cool because the band stopped playing at one point, and the crowd kept it going. It is rare for that to happen, so that was REALLY cool! Needless to say, the band came back in and we went back into the song. *grin* I was sweating so much my hair was a mess, but I didn't care. IT WAS FUN!!!

We went back into praying for people after that, and I jumped right back into it. It was an evening I will never forget.

I sat down when they went into a time of testimonies and I was reminded that even as a kid, I didn't just sit. I was always in the middle of stuff with the other kids. Therefore, it stands to reason that I wouldn't just watch others pray for people....I was created to be an encourager and to pray for people. *grin*

I LOVE SUMMER!!!

I get to do it all again tomorrow night! Woop!

Life.
Is.
Fun!!!