Friends

Today was a really cool day. I sit here tonight and feel enormously blessed to have the friends that I do. It was one year ago this week that I moved here and began a new chapter in my life. (July 1 if you want to be technical about it.) I left some of the kindest, and most special people in Joplin, and prayed that God would bring friends that were that special here in L.S. And, God has done just that.

I met RockStarPara and her Son, C.J. at the movie theatre, and we saw Ironman 2. While the movie choice wasn't something I would have chosen, I am glad I went. C.J. LOVED the movie, and I think I got a bigger kick out of watching C.J. than the movie. Don't get me wrong, the movie was a good. It had the basic good versus evil theme. While somewhat predictable, there were some good special effects in it. I'll be honest, I won't own it one day. But, it was fun laughing with RockStarPara as we saw it through C.J.'s eyes.

After the movie, they invited me out to "lunch". C.J. hadn't had lunch yet, and while it was clearly closer to dinner than lunch, we had to call it lunch because C.J. doesn't believe in skipping meals. *grin* We went to Applebee's and had a GREAT time getting caught up and laughing together. RockStarPara is one of my favorite people here, and I am enormously blessed to have her as a friend. We plan on doing a couple other things this Summer before the craziness of school starts back up.

After that, I came home and had SingingGal over for a movie night. We watched a couple sappy movies that I recorded last fall for SingingGal. I REALLY enjoyed my time with her. Not only did we laugh together, but we shared our hearts and prayer requests with one another. It's so much fun for me to have a Godly friend to share things with! That is something I specifically prayed for when I moved here one year ago. I am one blessed gal.

Tomorrow is Worlds of Fun with Drummerboy! We're coaster buddies, so it should be FUN!

Life.
Is.
Good.