Lunch and a Haircut!!!

I believe that it's the little things in life that matter the most to me. I find myself in moments daily where I think, "Wow, that is the highlight of my day!" Today I had two of those moments.

I got up and went to Joplin this morning. I was going there for a haircut. Yes, for a haircut. (Stop laughing! It's not THAT funny!) I made an appointment with my hairdresser that I had the past several years, who knows what I like done to my hair. I have been frustrated here in the big city as the gals here keep trying to change my hairdo, when I like it the way Cindy did it! I plan on having someone take my picture tomorrow so I can show my new gal here what I want.

Cindy welcomed me with a HUGE hug and we had a GREAT time. She gave me highlights as well as a GOOD haircut. I keep running my fingers through my hair and think, "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it's short again! I love it!" While I'm not a girly girl, I do feel SO MUCH BETTER with my short haircut. See, it's the little things in life! *grin*

My other highlight was when I met a friend for lunch before my haircut. I will be honest and say that I REALLY miss my friends in Joplin, so it was nice to sit and chat with Tooldude. While we didn't solve all the world's problems, we sure tried! And my favorite part was how deep we went into our conversation about God. I don't have a lot of friends that I can go that deep with, and it's ALWAYS a JOY to sit and talk with Tooldude. I always walk away pondering something new and feel closer to God.

Yes, I drove two hours each way for a haircut and a lunch chat. It was worth that drive. Lunch and a haircut, small things, but BIG to me! *grin*

I LOVE SUMMER!!!

Life.
Is.
Good.