J.T.

So, I blogged last night about a young man who came to me about wanting to learn how to read. I have decided to name him J.T. since he sort of looks like a J.T. Anyway, after driving shuttles tonight, I went into Awakening and J.T. was there. He was praying for people during the ministry time. He saw me, but he didn't acknowledge me. I wasn't surprised. I can only imagine what it would be like to be a young man, not be able to read, and understand what it means not to show up when you said you would because you wanted help. I just continued to sit. I was hoping he would come over to me, but I also knew he wouldn't.

As I was leaving a little while later, I saw him sitting on the bleachers. He made eye contact with me, and I walked up and sat down by him. He opened with, "I didn't show up, did I?" I just grinned and told him that it was okay, and that I was willing to help him but I wasn't going to push him to learn how to read. I told him it was up to him. I also told him that I drive shuttles Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, and would be glad to meet with him before or after in the coffee shop. He said he wanted to, but didn't make any more plans with me at a specific time to meet. I was fine with that. Learning to read isn't easy, and I know it's got to be his decision and effort in order to learn how to do so.

I went on to tell him that I will be praying for him everyday. He smiled when I said that.

I realize that he may never walk out his desire to learn how to read. That's okay, too. I believe that's between him and God. At least now he knows that there's someone willing to help him.

Right before I walked off, he said, "I want to go to the nations, so I need to learn how to read." I grinned and said, "Okay, you know where to find me."

I am praying that even if it's not me, that he will find someone to help him.

*grin*

Life.
Is.
Good.