One Year Ago Today....

Okay, I realize it's past midnight and technically July 2, but we're going to pretend it's still July 1. *grin*

I have spent the past half hour re-reading my posts from a year ago today through my days at camp at the end of the month. Wow. It is amazing to think that a year ago tonight was my first night here. In so many ways it was a fast year, and at the same time, there were some character-building moments that made it drag on and on.

I will say that I have laughed more this past year than I have in quite a long time. I hear myself laugh a lot now, and it's not just that shallow laugh, it is the deep-down laugh that feels good. I thank God for that. I didn't really understand the depth of what I was in, but now understand His love and joy in a way I didn't a year ago. For that, I am thankful.

I knew that the last chapter of my life was for a reason, and God has already used me to speak into people's lives because of what I walked through. I have also been able to support and pray for people in a way that I honestly couldn't have without walking through what I did. Through my experience, I learned the depth of what SUPPORT truly means, and God is using me now in more than one situation as women are striving for health in unhealthy situations. Words are powerful, and I am blessed to be beside these ladies as they walk out this season in their lives. That's priceless, because I know that the ladies who supported me will never know how much they mean to me. NEVER.

So, I sit here with Jay in my lap (We have finally figured out how to cuddle while I type!), a smile on my face, and a close relationship with God that has grown in the past year in ways I can't put into words. Sure, there are still things I am praying and hoping for in my life. But for now, I'm happy.

Yep.
Life.
Is.
Good.