AWARDS DAY!!!

Today started out being odd, and wound up being special.

I went to bed early last night because I was so tired that I was ill to my stomach. I have really been working hard to give my BEST EFFORT in all I do, and I have found that that requires pushing myself in the evenings as well. That's fine, grade cards are done, progress reports sent home, and life is back to "normal." Tonight I have watched KU play ball and cuddled with the furry kid. It's important to work hard, but also important to relax. *grin*

That being said, I found myself frustrated today with the little people. Truthfully, they were fine. They weren't doing anything out of the ordinary. I was the one frustrated with the little quirks that don't usually bother me. Around 3:15 I stopped and took a deep breath. In that moment, I realized that I was letting the negative get in the way of the positive. I was letting the things I'm actually working on with them (Learning social skills, for example) frustrate me. Then it hit me, I wasn't seeing the BEST in them, I was focusing on what was WRONG with them. After another deep breath, I was glad that today was Awards Day in my classroom.

I had decided to do an Awards Day after our recent Assembly. Several of my students were bummed because they weren't given an Award during the assembly, so I decided that they should be noticed for what they ARE doing right in the L.C. They LOVED the Awards! In fact, several kids said "Thank You" when that is not part of their normal vocabulary. It was really touching.

It's amazing how a day can go from being ODD to SPECIAL.

I LOVE IT!!!

LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!