Friendships, Speeches, and Music

I've been off-line for a couple days. I was invited to speak at MSSU to the Future Teachers. I have done this for several semesters, and it is always a blessing for me to get to go share my testimony of life with CP and how that has impacted my philosophy on teaching today. Every time I share, it's slightly different. I think God just highlights different things for different groups. Today was a lot of fun, and I pray that the students were blessed by what I shared.

Of course, it was also fun to spend some time with friends prior to today. I got to spend some time with friends on Saturday Night and all day yesterday and was ENORMOUSLY blessed by EACH person. I think it's amazing how I moved here almost two years ago, yet my friendships just pick up right where they left off. I LOVE THAT!

A particular highlight for me was when Cole asked me yesterday about my limp. Cole has known me his entire four years of life on this planet, and it was as if yesterday he noticed it for the first time. Of course, after I explained it, he was fine with it. I have to admit, it made me grin because of the way he asked me. Truth be told all of those kids are special to me, but when Cole did that, I was touched. Hard to explain, but priceless in my book.

It was also a highlight to get to play bongos on the worship team at BYKOTA yesterday. I haven't played since I moved here, and I have honestly missed it. Yesterday was so much fun! I was welcomed back with open arms, and we had SO MUCH FUN worshipping the Lord in Music together! I know I'm where I should be, here in KC, but it felt like going home. It was priceless.

I downloaded a song written by Laura Story last night that has just completely opened up some new dialogue with the Lord. I LOVE it when that happens. I downloaded it last night, and on the drive home and tonight I have just starting really talking to the Lord in a deep way again. Gosh, it's been INCREDIBLE. I LOVE IT! I will have more to share on that, I'm sure, in days to come. For tonight, I want to hear it one more time and crash.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!