Things I Learned During Spring Break

This Spring Break I actually learned a lot. Well, I learned some new things, and was reminded of some things I already knew. I thought I would post them tonight.

1. Anything can happen during March Madness. My brackets were messed up when Pitt fell. Ah well, 'tis the season.
2. Jay has allergies, but is refusing to take his medicine. Perhaps I am understanding a little bit of what a frustrated parent feels when their child refuses to take their medication? *grin*
3. The Prayer Room is still my favorite place on the planet. When asked by my Dad the other night if I could live anywhere where would it be, I said KC because IHOP-KC is where I want to be!
4. Jay is still the coolest tan-haired dog I know!
5. It's okay to work on grades during Spring Break, and okay to leave some things for the work week. *grin*
6. Kids are still the highlight of my life. One night with Drummerboy and Singinggirls and I wanted to be back at school with my students. But, shhhhh don't tell the students that! *grin*
7. I prepared the Springer Resort for some guests this week. I'm excited to host people who are wanting to visit IHOP-KC. It will be fun. Oh, and my house is probably the cleanest it's been since I moved in here! *grin*
8. Reading is still one of my favorite things to do. I am a slow reader, but I am HOOKED on a book that I can't put down. That was one of the highlights of my week.
9. I fought loneliness a tad. Perhaps next year a road trip to Texas is in order. *grin*
10. I miss the taste of Pepsi. Seems odd, huh? Yeah, I'm on a new migraine preventative, and it's GREAT at preventing the migraines, but has changed the taste of pop. Yes, it's better for my body because I'm drinking less, but I do miss it.
11. I can hear from God again. Monday night in the Prayer Room, God gave me a word JUST FOR ME. I am used to hearing from God for other people, but it's been a WHILE since it's been for ME. I love it. *grin*
12. My parents have a stray dog that lives in their neighborhood. They have named her Daisy. The other night we fed Daisy but kept our distance. She's scared of people. Poor dog. Dad said he wanted to just hug her. I told him that wouldn't be love to her...yet. *grin*
13. I was reminded that prayer works. Last night I prayed for something, and God gave me an answer today. How cool is that? *grin*
14. The sermon this weekend was about loving one another. Gosh, after what I have processed this week about various stuff at work, I needed to hear the Word. The thing that pierced my heart was when he said, "You know, the only way you're free of risking getting hurt in love is if you wind up in Hell." Hum....that was what I needed to hear. *grin*
15. I can't wait to see Eli tomorrow. I've missed him! *grin*
16. Tomorrow morning is going to hurt. By the end of last week I was waking up at 11:30am. KU is currently playing in the big dance. I'm not going to bed early tonight. *grin*
17. I miss my Joplin friends. I am headed to Joplin this coming weekend though! *grin*
18. Time flies when you're having fun. That's definitely true, because Spring Break went by REALLY FAST. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GREAT.