April Fools Day

This morning I awoke with very little thought to the fact it was April 1st. My students are not typically able to get me with the April Fools Jokes, so I wasn't worried. Little did I know what was coming...

Before school my sweetest, most innocent girl came in. She came in and looked at me and said, "Ms. Springer, we're moving." I immediately fell for it! Her Mother had told me that they have a house outside our attendance area already bought, but they are waiting to sell the house they already have, and I have told this young lady that I hope it would take TWO YEARS before it would sell so that I could have her through her academic career at S.V.E. So, you can imagine my emotions that hit me when she told me she was moving. You can also imagine my relief when she said "April Fools." SHE GOT ME! *grin*

Throughout the day, others tried to get me, but it didn't work. Timing is everything in a joke, and my other students don't have the whole timing thing figured out. It was cute to see them try though. Very, very cute. *grin*

Now we're headed into the weekend. I'm glad. I have a new book that I've been wanting to read and very little on the agenda. Next weekend is CAMP!!! *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!