Lessons from Jay!

Today has been quite a day for Jay & me. We knew that it would be a little noisy because the landowners had told us a couple weeks ago that we would all be getting new siding on our houses. They started yesterday on my house, and I prayed that they would finish yesterday while I was at work. When I got home and surveyed the side of the house, it was evident that they would have to continue today. I prayed that they wouldn't begin early this morning before I crashed last night, and while that was answered (Praise the Lord!) and I got to sleep in past 10, they were back at it at about 10:45. On top of that, that Landowner came by and said that the cable would have to be shut off while they worked. I was bummed, but since it was going to be temporary, I thought that was okay. I could clean up and do a few things around the house while they put the siding up. Not the day I had planned, but that's okay. Apparently He had other plans for my day.

The construction crew got to work, and I immediately figured out that it wasn't going to be a QUIET day. Between the hammering and Jay barking, I wondered how long it would all last. *grin* When all was said and done it was about 3 hours, but Jay managed to be quiet while I held him for part of that time. He would keep looking at the wall, and I imagined his thoughts to be something like, "please stop, please, please, please, stop." Poor kid didn't sleep a wink while they were here.

After we had cable turned back on (PRAISE THE LORD!!!) and the pounding was over, we headed out to run a few errands. We had fun. We even stopped at the vet to have blood work done. Fortunately, he likes the vet that we go to, so even that was fun.

We came home and went for a walk. We met some nice people tonight on our walk. We have had new people move in around the neighborhood since last Summer, so there are new families to meet! I like it! Even on my street we have lost a few kids and gained some new kids. It's nice to see some new kids around, and the latest thing is basketball a few houses down. I enjoy watching them play.

I share all of this to let you know that Jay didn't sleep AT ALL today. It has been quite a day for him. Of course, he doesn't normally sleep much when I'm home all day. We are buddies on the days I'm home. He never lets me go far from where he's at. Needless to say, he's now asleep on top of my feet. I love it when he sleeps like this, as this is his preferred place to sleep.

It has made me ponder if I'm this close to God. Jay is so loyal to me, to the point he sleeps at my feet. He wakes the minute I move to go get a drink and come back. He will follow me upstairs if I go up, even if it's just to put laundry away. He's loyal. He's loving. He's my Best Friend.

He has really challenged my thinking today. I pray that I can be as loyal to Him as Jay is to me. Tonight as we walked, the Lord gave me ANOTHER song tonight. He's been doing that a lot lately, giving me songs as I walk. I like that, as it is always what I need, right when I need it. *grin*

My prayer tonight has been that I can be loyal and a follower of Him, just as Jay is loyal, and follows me. The chorus is what connected me with Him tonight:

GIVE ME A PURE AND HOLY PASSION
GIVE ME ONE MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION
GIVE ME ONE GLORIOUS AMBITION FOR MY LIFE
TO KNOW AND FOLLOW HARD AFTER YOU

*grin* Love. It.

I know He loves it too!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!