THE POWER OF PRAYER

Today was a rough day. The day started out fine, but as the day progressed it just got harder and harder. I am thankful that I held it together though and didn't take it out on anyone.

I had two students accidentally break a candy dish that my family gave me as a birthday gift last May. It really was an accident. They didn't apologize, which bummed me out as well, but at least I didn't yell. I just started cleaning it up. The two kids offered to help clean it up, but I didn't want to be responsible for cut fingers, so I did it. I was saddened it was busted, and while life goes on, it still saddened me.

I have been wearing a necklace for two years. I bought it at Jill's Jewelry party two years ago, and well, it was special to me. I went to turn it around right on my neck, and it broke. Once again, it was nothing, but it was something to me. But, it still saddened me.

Another part of my day bummed me out that I will refrain from sharing, but at that point I just stopped, and prayed. My students had headed back to their classrooms and I had about 8 minutes until tutoring, and I just prayed. I didn't feel the peace that I wanted, but I prayed. And then God sent little Eli in to give me a hug. Then I felt better. *grin*

I got to tutor a really cool kid this afternoon and that helped too. *grin*

Thankfully stopping and praying instead of reacting was the right thing to do. I came home and walked Jay, and in the midst of the walk, I heard that chorus from the other night:

DON'T GIVE UP
DON'T GIVE IN
IF YOU DON'T QUIT
YOU'LL WIN...YOU'LL WIN...

And, now I feel better. Fortunately I didn't say or do anything I regret either.

27.5 school days.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT.